About the OpenTAP to SMS Gateway
“OpenTAP is The UK’s No. 1 TAP Gateway Service!”
Does your security alarm system, pager or other device use TAP to Mobile Text (SMS) messaging alerts?
FranzCom has the solution for you! Our dial-up TAP to Mobile Text (SMS) and email messaging gateway is completely free of charge to use, you only pay for the call to the dial-up access phone line! All you have to do is register with us, its easy!
We provide a 2 in 1 service! TAP to Mobile Text (SMS) messaging and for double backup in case of mobile network outage we have TAP to Email as well, sending you message alerts to your registered email address. So having SMS and Email alerts means total coverage up time. Genius!
While your mobile carrier may not understand the importance of the need for TAP messaging in the area of security, IT network and industrial monitoring, FranzCom and our partners do!
What is TAP?
“Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol (TAP) is the industry standard for sending out-of-band alphanumeric messages to mobile phones and pagers.”
“OpenTAP gateway is ideal for network and IT managers that need a reliable way to receive automated network and messaging alerts, in the event their network is down.”
“OpenTAP gateway can be used by security alarm base companies, its FREE to register and you can start using the service today…. so go on try it!”
How does TAP work?
Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol (TAP) is the industry-standard protocol for submitting text messages to cellular phones or alphanumeric pagers. The sender uses a TAP software client to send messages to the OpenTAP gateway using a dial-up modem. Many mobile network and paging providers offer their own TAP gateways, unfortunately, many of them are often unreliable and unsupported by these carriers. Many carriers have either discontinued their support for TAP or never plan on offering the service. Furthermore, since each carrier has their own TAP gateway, each with their own access number, settings, and quirks, managing these separate gateways can be a hassle.
OpenTAP is a reliable and fully-supported TAP gateway service that can be used to replace the cumbersome TAP service provided by your current carrier. Simply replace all of your different TAP client access numbers with a single TAP gateway access number. With OpenTAP gateway you’ll have a single TAP access number, single protocol settings, and a single management interface to manage all of your mobile devices and message logs.
Number costs and other information
OpenTAP gateway is a free service operated by FranzCom, as we believe in keeping things simple and easy to use!
- Setup Fee – FREE
- Line Rental – FREE
- Call Usage – FREE
- Cost to Dial – 50p per minute from a BT line.
- Call Forwarding – Not applicable
- Cost Per Text or Email Message – FREE
- Billing – Not applicable
NB. Calls cost a minimum of £0.50p a minute from a BT landline, as it only takes no more than 60 seconds to complete the call and messaging process. Calls from other networks including mobiles may vary!
- Managed Service 24/7
- Technical Support
- Cisco Grade Equipment
- TAP to Mobile Text (SMS) and Email Messaging Gateway = total mobile coverage, double the backup on your report messages!
- Can be used with fire and security alarms, paging systems, networks and other supported devices, allowing you to receive regular reports by Mobile Text (SMS) and Email messaging.
- Supports all legacy and modern dial-up modems up to 56K. OpenTAP gateway also supports digital modem connections with ISDN.
- Works with all major local and international mobile phone providers Worldwide.
- When all else fails including IP or GSM signalling is down, good old modem to modem dial-up always works! With OpenTAP you are sure to always get the alert message by Mobile Text (SMS) and Email.
How do I register to use the OpenTAP gateway?
- First of all you need to register all mobile numbers which are to receive text message alerts with us by clicking on the big orange register online now button.
- Please log into your device which supports TAP gateway messaging. E.g Alarm systems, pagers, networking device or other similar devices.
- Locate the TAP dial-up gateway messaging settings.
- Insert the following gateway access number within UK 07045607101 (intl.+447045607101).
- Make sure the mobile which messages are going to be sent to are input with international country code plus mobile number without any leading zeros eg. in the UK replace 07987654321 for 447987654321, otherwise it will not work!
- Save settings!
PLEASE NOTE: OpenTAP gateway also works without having to register your receiving mobile phone numbers. By just simply inputting the gateway access number within UK 07045607101 (for international users, please input +447045607101 and remember to follow step 5 of the above mentioned). If you wish to receive email message alerts as well as text messages, you will still have to register.
All prices include VAT @ 20% unless otherwise stated.
Note: There is no catch and no hidden charges. We operate and manage this service by taking a share of the revenue generated by all calls made to our access numbers.